How to Be a Certified Trainer
1. How do I acquire Certificate in Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer (APT)？
You can enroll the following courses：
1. Part-time mode : Sports Science & Fitness Foundation Course (SFF) + Certificate In Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer (APT)
2. Full-time mode : Certificate In Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer (Daytime) (SAPTHK)
2. How do I acquire Certificate in Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer requirement？
To acquire the certificate, you must meet the following requirements
All you need to know about becoming a Registered Exercise Professional
3. What is the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)?
The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) is the name for the organization responsible for the registration of fitness professionals in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom. The REPs of each of these countries have come together to form the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREP).
4. What is AASFP's role for the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREP)?
In October 2006, AASFP has been appointed Approved Training Provider in Asia by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) New Zealand – a founding member of the ICREP - thus providing fitness professionals in Asia with the opportunity to become a Registered Exercise Professional.
5. If I become a Registered Exercise Professional, what countries am I qualified to practice in?
Registered Exercise Professionals are qualified to practice in any of the member countries under the ICREP. Currently the ICREP countries include New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom and other member countries.
6. How long is the REPs registration valid for?
The registration is valid for two years from the date your application is processed and accepted.
7. After two years how do I re-register as a Registered Exercise Professional?
As long as you are still holding a valid AASFP APT certificate you can re-register by contacting us at AASFP.
8. If I am holding an expired AASFP APT certificate and I want to become a Registered Exercise Professional, what should I do?
AASFP provides all AASFP APT certificate holders with an opportunity to renew their expired certificate. Please consult the “How To Maintain Your Certification” to found out how you can renew your APT certificate OR simply contact us at AASFP for further information.
9. How can I become a Registered Exercise Professional?
Simply contact us to register as an international Registered Exercise Professional NOW.